PAT testing, also known as portable appliance testing, is a crucial safety measure that is employed by businesses and other organizations in order to ensure the safety of the potable…
An Air Hostess, also known as a flight attendant or cabin crew, is a member of an airline crew whose primary responsibility is to maintain the comfort and safety of passengers on airline flights, commercial flights, business jet aircraft, and military aircraft. It is necessary to familiarise yourself with the tasks of an Air Hostess during a flight in order to understand how to become an Air Hostess. If you’re thinking about pursuing a career in aviation, you’ve come to the correct spot. Here’s all you need to know about becoming an Air Hostess, including training institutions and courses, fees, income, criteria, and certifications
Educational qualification to become an air hostess
An aspirant for the position of air hostess must have finished a 10+2 education in any subject or an undergraduate degree in aviation. The applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 26 when applying for the program. The candidate should stand at least five feet and two inches tall. At the time of applying for the course, the candidate must be single. They should have a normal or corrected vision in both eyes of 6/6. The individual must be in good health and have a pleasant attitude
After seeing an opportunity, the candidate can proceed immediately to the training schools or airlines to apply for the training. Following selection, the airlines will conduct an initial screening process to determine the candidate’s height and weight. The candidate must pass the airline‘s entry exam. Following the test, the main interview will be held to assess the candidate’s voice, language fluency, communication skills, and personality. The airline would provide six months of air hostess training to the selected individuals
How to apply for an air hostess job in India
- Every airline posts job openings on their career page on their official website. Any other job site or agent should be avoided. You must go to the airline’s official website’s career page manually.
- The details of the job ad for cabin crew members can be found there. They post air hostess employment openings on a regular basis, so keep an eye on their website.
- A notification mechanism is also available on some airline websites. You simply need to sign up for their email list, and they will notify you anytime a new position becomes available.
- For the selecting procedure, each airline has its unique set of rules. You must read their entire set of rules on their website. On the day of the interview, several airlines request that you wear a specific outfit. As a result, you must be extremely cautious when determining eligibility requirements
- Many airlines do two interviews, while others conduct three. You can obtain all of the information you need to apply for the job by searching their career page on Google
Air Hostess Salary in India
In India, air hostess salary can earn anything from Rs. 4.8 lakhs to Rs. 6.7 lakhs per year. For experienced air hostesses in India, the annual salary ranges from Rs. 5.5 lakhs to Rs. 8.2 lakhs. Their pay varies depending on the flights and airlines with which they operate
Air Hostess Salary in different airlines
If we compare Air Hostess salaries in India across different Indian Airlines businesses, we can observe that they are just slightly different. Spicejet, one of India’s most well-known airlines, pays their Air Hostess salary Rs. 35,500 per month, while GoAir pays Rs. 31,175. Air Hostesses on Jagson Airlines are paid Rs. 28,450 per month, whereas those on Vistara Airlines are paid Rs. 30,050 per month. Indigo, one of the best brands in the Indian airline industry, pays its Air Hostesses a monthly remuneration of Rs. 31,250. Air India, the Indian Airlines, is at the top of the list, paying their Air Hostesses salary the highest monthly compensation of Rs. 40,000
Although these are the base salary for Air Hostesses in India, their income may vary for a variety of reasons. As a result, the income of an Air Hostess in India is determined by the school where they were taught, their communication abilities, job experience, and the standing of the Indian Airlines firm. They can get paid more than their base salaries if they excel in their talents, have a solid academy name behind them, and are employed in a reputable airline firm
Skills Required to Perform as an Air Hostess
The wonderful thing about the flight attendant profession is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on air hostess training in order to acquire a job as a flight attendant. If you pass the personal interview stage and are chosen, the recruiting airline will give you all of the necessary training
- Personal grooming and aviation knowledge
- Interpersonal skills Communication skills
- Swimming abilities First-aid training CRS certification Hospitality services
- Languages from other countries
- In-flight amenities
- Rules and regulations governing aviation
Roles & Responsibilities of an Air Hostess
- Greeting and directing passengers to their seats, as well as providing explanations on flight procedures.
- Cleanliness of the airplane, safety equipment, and whether all meals and supplies are on board, as well as all seat pockets, are up to date are all checked.
- Conducting pre-flight and post-flight inspections
- Checking that all passengers are wearing their seat belts and that all hand luggage is securely placed.
- Passengers are served meals and refreshments.
- During the flight, make announcements on behalf of the pilot and answer passenger questions.
- Putting together a flight report
- Going to ensure passenger health and safety, as well as deliver accurate information
With the above-mentioned details about air hostess courses, salaries, and career possibilities, interested individuals should have no trouble applying for their preferred positions.
It is important to note that the job of an air hostess is certainly challenging, and candidates must overcome numerous obstacles along the road