The importance of Current Affairs for UPSC preparation has increased in the last few years. Current Affairs plays a significant role in UPSC Civil Services Exam preparation as the questions appear in all three stages of the examination- Pre, Mains, and Interview. All aspirants of the UPSC Exam should educate themselves about current events of national and international prominence that may be included in the UPSC Exam.
Why is it Essential to Read Current Affairs for UPSC?
Current Affairs refers to the happenings of national and international significance that are important to competitive exams such as the Civil Services Exam. The majority of the questions on the UPSC Question Paper will be about topics like recent events of national and global significance, the economy, or geography of India, the history of India and the Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, and the World, Panchayati Raj, Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Public Policy, Rights Issues, and Political System, etc.
Current events and news-related questions play a significant part in determining the fate of candidates. These include both objective and descriptive questions in the preliminary and main examinations, respectively. Current affairs are a key part of doing well on the IAS exam. Candidates should stay up-to-date on national and international news that makes headlines.
Benefits of Current Affairs Practice Questions for the IAS Exam
Aspirants can gain the following advantages by studying current affairs practice questions for the exam. They can follow:
- Smart revisions – Even if they read the newspapers and magazines every day, the question-and-answer format will help them understand the ideas better and make them easier to review.
- Stay ahead: UPSC/IAS candidates who answer questions will become “practiced” in current events, which will give them a huge advantage over other candidates on the exam.
- Productive: Practice questions are very important for UPSC Prelims, and they are also very important for UPSC Mains.
Quick Tips for Studying Current Events for the UPSC
There are different ways to learn about current events for UPSC Exam. Current events are an important part of almost all of the GS subjects and most of the optional subjects. There are a lot of resources on the Internet for the UPSE CSE exam, so we have to be careful to choose only the right and necessary materials. If we keep getting the same information from a lot of different places, we’ll end up with a lot of study material, but we might not learn much from it.
- One of the best ways to do this is to read a newspaper, so make sure to read a paper like THE HINDU or THE INDIAN EXPRESS every day.
- Get a notebook and make a list of important things as you read the newspaper.
It helps to review the topics and keep track of the main points, which also boosts confidence.
- Read monthly government magazines like Yojana and Kurukshetra.
- Instead of referring to all the websites, focus on civil service exam-related websites.
- Use a government website, such as the Press Information Bureau, which serves as a repository of official government information and serves as a library of official government information.
At BYJU’S Exam Prep, you can find a list of questions about current events as well as the answers by the UPSC experts. You can also find study materials, exam patterns, comprehensive learning programs, and test series for both prelims and main exams. This will assist you in fully preparing for the exam.